• Reinforce the educational experience of each child by emphasizing academic enhancement activities in reading, writing comprehension, mathematics, individualized homework tutoring, computer based learning that reinforces classroom learning, and the incorporation of the arts to develop cultural awareness.
• Emphasize character development and growth by teaching practical life skills.
• Provide a safe, nurturing environment where children feel safe physically and emotionally.
• Foster a sense of civic responsibility and global awareness through volunteerism and community based service projects.
• Provide nutritional snacks and meals to participating students
In partnership with the Chicago Public Schools the Family Empowerment Centers has been designated a “SAFE Haven” after-school program site. SAFE Haven sites operate 20 weeks during the school year and 6 weeks during the summer.